Night Church - Willye B White Park
Two or more coming together to make peace happen at Willye B White Park.
Contact Zack email@example.com or Scott firstname.lastname@example.org for this night and location.
8pm-10pm Worship led by Donna and preaching by Pastor Jorge - Grace Family
Friday, October 1, 2021
6:00 PM - 11:00 PM (Central Standard Time)
Willye B. White Park
1610 West Howard Street, Chicago, IL, USA Get Directions
Faith Community Mobilization
This event has ended.
NIGHT CHURCH INITIATIVE
- What is it? Two or more people go out and occupy a corner that is a local hotspot for crime, shootings, drug dealing etc. You can bring lights (we have two power stations potentially available for lights.) You can pray. You can preach. You can do worship. You can give away food. Do an open mic. You can ask people if they need prayer? You can do white board evangelism. Start a bible study. We would suggest taking communion.
- Why occupy corners?: Because it works. There has been testimony after testimony from around the city of churches doing this and shutting down crime on the blocks where they do it.
- Why call it church? Two or more are gathered. We're teaching people the church isn't somewhere you go, it is a people that goes where there is darkness.
- Why every night? Because violence, drugs, and people are out every night of the week and we want to apply a constant positive pressure against the darkness in our city.
- Do we need a big crowd? No. Plenty of good has been done with just two or three people.
- Why different corners? We want to saturate the northside.
- Can you move around? Yes. We will post time and place to meet up, but after that it will be up for the leaders to decide the best location for the evening. We suggest going where the people are.
- What if it rains? You just got a night off.
Linked is a new edit of a video promoting the Chicago Peace Campaign from 2016. It features pastors from the Roseland neighborhood who have been doing this since 2016. They have seen amazing results in their community. It also features Dimas Salaberrios who was used of God to shut down homicides in his micro-neighborhood of the Bronx for the last decade.